HPC Youth Happenings:10/21/14
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
Thank you to everyone who came and participated in Underground Outdoors this past Sunday! God gave us beautiful weather and a picturesque sunset. Josh Huff led us in worship around the fire. Scott Bennett shared the good news of the Gospel with us from Acts 16. And many other adults and students helped make it a fantastic event.
Here is some important info about upcoming retreats and trips:
High School Camping Retreat: This Weekend! (October 24th-26th)
- Students should meet at HPC Friday at 4:30 PM.
- We will return Sunday at Noon
Middle School Retreat at Camp Vesper Point: November 14th - 16th
(The Deadline to sign up and pay is Sunday, November 2nd!!!)
- This is our Presbytery's annual Youth Retreat. Students will get to interact with other students from all over East Tennessee!
- Cost is $60 per person.
- If there are any ladies who aren't attending the women's retreat and would like to help chaperon this retreat, please let me know!
- You can click here to sign up online!
Students Signed Up and Paid
Devin Brown Hunter Landreth Sammy Landreth
Students Signed Up but Not Yet Paid
Emily Armstrong Meredith Bennett Alex Hutchings Anna Hutchings
Emily Johnson Preston Marlin Cooper Williams
Jamaica Team Commitment Deadline = Sunday, November 2nd
- All 8th - 12th grade students are invited to prayerfully consider going on this Mission Trip
- To commit to the team, come to our 1st Team Meeting on Sunday, November 2nd at 4 PM and bring a $50 deposit with you
If you want to sign up for Jamaica, talk to me or visit our Jamaica page on our website by clicking here.
8th - 12th graders, you can still sign up for Uberfreezin' 6
(The final deadline is Sunday, November 9th!!!)
- Sign up here for Uberfreezin' 6: January 2nd - 5th at Winterplace, West Virginia***
It's not too early to think about other 2015 events...
- Our annual Super Bowl Party will be Sunday, February 1st. Is anyone interested in hosting at their home?
I'm still looking for 1 person to fill 1 volunteer need: Middle School Sunday School Assistant
- This is a low prep job, that will require teaching a few times
- This is a great way to get to know some great kids!
New Medical Release Forms are due! Here are a few things to know about them:
- Each student must turn in a 2014-15 MRF in order to attend any special event with HPC
- The form must be signed by parents AND notarized.
- If you don't know a notary, most banks will notarize things if you're a member, or you can try a UPS Store
- The form is good for 1 year...until September 1st, 2015 in this case
- Starting next year, we will begin this process earlier (April/May) in order to accommodate rising 6th graders.
- You can download the form here
- I have 27 out of 47 forms so far...
D-Groups for Middle and High School Students are Tomorrow (Wednesday), October 22nd, 6:00-7:30 PM
UNDERGROUND: THIS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26th, 5:00 - 6:30 PM
Other Upcoming Events: Click on Links to Sign Up!
- Parents' Night Out: November 21st
- Remember, we need around 14 adults to work this event
- We especially need parents of students going on mission trips to help!
- This fundraiser is mandatory for students who want to go on a mission trip
That is all.
HPC Youth Guy
The HPC Youth Ministry Equips Students to Walk in the Light & Glow in the Dark
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8