HPC Youth Happenings: 9/9/14
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
As we chug along into September, there are three very important things I want everyone to know about September 21st.
1) September 21st is the early bird deadline to sign up and pay your $50 deposit for Uberfreezin' 6.
- Sure, Uberfreezin' 6 is not until January 2nd - 5th, 2015. But as they say, the early bird catches the worm, or in this case, the ski slopes.
- So...if you sign up and pay your deposit by September 21st, you will get the early bird price rate of $265 for skiers and $285 for snowboarders.
- If you miss the early bird deadline, you can still sign up. However, the cost will increase to $290 for skiers and $310 for snowboarders.
- The final, end of all things cut off to sign up is November 9th.
- Remember, Uberfreezin' 6 is for all 8th - 12th grade students. You can sign up online here, or you can see me in the breezeway after Church this Sunday.
- Students signed up for Uberfreezin' (but not necessarily paid up)
Nick Baxendell Avery Boulware Lucas Gross Sammy Jones & Friend
Zach Mahoney Hunter McCoy Lakeasha Pasley Cassie Partain
2) September 21st is also our first Underground Outdoors of the year!
- U.O. is an outreach event held at the new church property (corner of Hixson Pike and Stonewall Farms)
- It's our normal Underground program, but with more time and space! It is from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- All Middle and High School Students are welcome, and encouraged to invite friends
- There will be large group games like Ultimate Frisbee and Kickball, plenty of activities for people who don't like games, snacks, music and a Gospel presentation.
3) September 21st is one week before September 28th.
- Thanks Captain Obvious! Why does that matter?
- The Jamaica Missions Info Meeting is Sunday, September 28th at 4:00 PM!
- That's right mon, bring your parents, yourself, maybe even your siblings to find out all about our Jamaica Mission Trip, which is June 20-27, 2015
- This is an informational meeting only. No commitment is required at this time.
- The Jamaica Trip is for all current 8th - 12th grade students
I'm still looking for 2 people to fill these 2 volunteer needs:
- 1 Middle School Sunday School Assistant
- 1 Female Assistant for Middle School Underground = this is a shared position, so you wouldn't have to be there every Sunday
New Medical Release Forms are due! Here are a few things to know about them:
- Each student must turn in a 2014-15 MRF in order to attend any special event with HPC
- The form must be signed by parents AND notarized.
- If you don't know a notary, most banks will notarize things if you're a member, or you can try a UPS Store
- The form is good for 1 year...until September 1st, 2015 in this case
- Starting next year, we will begin this process earlier (April/May) in order to accommodate rising 6th graders.
- You can download the form here
- I only have 20 out of around 47 forms so far...
D-Groups for Middle and High School Students: Tomorrow (Wednesday), Sept 10th, 6:00-7:30 PM
UNDERGROUND: THIS SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th, 5:00 - 6:30 PM
Middle School and High School Sunday School classes continue THIS Sunday, September 14th
Upcoming Events and Retreats: Click on Links to Sign Up!
- Uberfreezin' 6: January 2nd - 5th at Winterplace, West Virginia***
- For 8th - 12th Grade Students only
- Sign up and pay your $50 deposit by the Early Bird Deadline of September 21st to get a reduced rate
- The final cut off to sign up is November 9th
- Underground Outdoors: Sunday, September 21st and Sunday, October 19th
- Jamaica Info Meeting: Sunday, September 28th at 4 PM
- Click here to go to the Jamaica Mission Trip page on our website
- High School Camping Retreat: October 24th - 26th at Fall Creek Falls***
- Cost is only $5
- Sign up and pay by October 19th
- Middle School Retreat: November 14th - 16th at Camp Vesper Point***
- For 6th - 8th Grade Students only
- Deadline to sign up and pay is November 9th
- Parents' Night Out: November 21st
That is all.
HPC Youth Guy
The HPC Youth Ministry Equips Students to Walk in the Light & Glow in the Dark
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8