HPC Youth Happenings: 8/11/15
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
If you catch your students with red eyes and a bit of moisture on their cheeks this week, it's not because "they got something in their eye" or "their contacts are itchy." It's because summer is over. I feel like I have "something in my eye" even as I type this. It was a great summer, filled with fun and rest and laughter and time spent with friends. But it's time to move on.
As we move on into the school year, let's all be sure to pray for our students. No matter who you are or where you attend school, a new school year always brings stress...even if it is good stress. Students, I am praying for each of you by name as you begin school over the next few days, and please know that many other adults are doing the same!
As far as Youth Ministry stuff for the Fall, here are a few things of note:
This Sunday, August 16th:
- The Jamaica Team reports to the congregation during the Sunday School hour
- Communicants are coming before the Church to take vows of membership
- Parents' Meeting is at 5 PM in Room 201 (upstairs). All parents of Youth are encouraged to attend!
Next Sunday, August 23rd:
- Underground returns to Sunday Nights at 5 PM on the 23rd
- Our new Sunday School quarter will also begin
Sunday, August 30th in the Evening is the Vision Banquet for all things related to our move! There is no cost, but you must sign up!
- D-Groups begin Wednesday, September 9th
- New Medical Release Forms are due. You can download the form here.
Parents, if you aren't in a small group yet, I would encourage you to try getting involved this year. Sign ups are happening right now and it really is a great way to connect and grow!
I am looking for a few more men and women to commit to helping with Youth Ministry Programs this year.
Here are some of our options:
- Sunday School Assistants (One hour on Sunday mornings, occasional teaching and prep time)
- Girls' D-Group Assistant (One hour on Wednesday Nights, occasional teaching and prep time)
- Underground Staff: Especially need one or two women (Little to no prep time, about 2 hours on Sunday Nights)
If you're interested in any of these options, please let me know and I will set up a time to talk with you
Also...don't forget to save the date for:
Middle School Retreat at Camp Vesper Point: November 13th - 15th (click here to fill out the sign up form...you can also reserve your spot by paying a $25 deposit at any time)
Uberfreezin' 7 (our annual Ski Retreat): January 1st - 4th, 2016 (click here to fill out the Uber info form...you can also reserve your spot by paying a $50 deposit at any time)
Just a reminder, there are no regular meetings this week other than the Jamaica Report on Sunday morning.
That is all.
HPC Youth Guy
The HPC Youth Ministry Equips Students to Walk in the Light and Glow in the Dark
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Micah 6:8