HPC Youth Happenings: 4/28/15
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
This weekend is a big weekend for HPC and the HPC Youth Ministry!
- This Friday, May 1st, we have Parents' Night Out!
- This Sunday, May 3rd we have a congregational meeting to vote on the sale of this property and the move to the new property
- This Sunday evening, May 3rd we have a big BBQ dinner at 5 PM. It is a potluck, so families should plan on bringing either a side or dessert to share. Meat and drinks will be provided.
I need a few people to help with parking. Call or email me if you're interested.
- You can read more about these events below...
We are still a few weeks away from the end of school, but the HPC Youth Ministry is already geared up for summer! I encourage everyone to take a look at the summer events calendar located here, and the explanation of what we'll be teaching this summer here, both found on our church website. Here are a few of the exciting highlights for the summer:
- We'll kick off our summer events with Downtown Shenanigans on Friday, May 29th
- Other fun event highlights include the Lord of the Rings Lock-in on July 10th. Adults, you can sign up to work a shift of the lock-in here.
- Middle School Missions Weekend will be July 17th - 19th
- Summer Underground will meet on Wednesday evenings starting June 3rd
- Hixson Community Kickball will also return on Sunday evenings, starting June7th
If you're interested in helping with any of these events, or if you'd like to help coach Kickball, or if you'd like to help teach Sunday School, call or email me so we can talk. Many hands make light work!
Something different about this summer is the medical release form. Because we now promote 5th graders at the beginning of the summer, we want to offer the medical release form for the upcoming school year now instead of making them fill out 2 forms in a span of 3 months. This means we'll offer the form to everyone, starting at the beginning of the summer. Your current form will be good until September, so those of you with a form already on file have the entire summer to get the new one filled out and notarized! You can download the form here.
Now back to the more immediate news of the week...
The BBQ Dinner at the New Church Property is THIS Sunday, May 3rd at 5 PM.
- This will take the place of our evening ministries that night.
- The BBQ will be provided & prepared by the Bennetts, but they need our help to make this dinner happen.
- We need a few people to help with parking at this event, as we have over 250 people signed up!
- Jamaica Team, please plan to be at the new property at 4 PM to help set up!
- Parents' Night Out #2 is THIS Friday, May 1st. Workers should be there at 5:30 PM, dinner is provided
- We need all Jamaica Team members & parents of team members to help by working at this event!
- We also welcome anyone else willing to help. We need 1 or 2 more adults for this fundraiser!
- You can sign up to work it here! Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.
We have a great group of graduating Seniors from HPC, and we want to make sure we recognize them and pray for them as they move along to the next stage of life. If you are a graduating Senior or a Parent of a Senior, please mark your calendars for Sunday, May 17th. During the worship service on May 17th, we will call up our Seniors and pray for them before the congregation. We would love for all our Seniors to be there!
- Jamaica Team :Remember to check the Jamaica Team Page for your to do list and updates.
Our next team meeting is Sunday, May 31st
D-Groups are tomorrow (Wednesday) April 29th from 6 to 7:30 PM.
- High School students, we will meet in small groups
Our last Underground of the school year was this past Sunday. We are taking a break from Underground on Sunday Nights. However, we will have Underground on Wednesday nights during summer, starting June 3rd
That is all.
HPC Youth Guy
The HPC Youth Ministry Equips Students to Walk in the Light and Glow in the Dark
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8