HPC Youth Happenings: 4/21/15
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
School ends in about a month, VBS is 6 weeks away, we leave for Jamaica in 2 months...in other words, summer break is almost here! The HPC Youth Ministry will have a great summer lined up for students. I hope to have a calendar out by this weekend. It will be on the website first, and then will most likely be in this email next week.
Something different about this summer is the medical release form. Because we now promote 5th graders at the beginning of the summer, we want to offer the medical release form for the upcoming school year now instead of making them fill out 2 forms in a span of 3 months. This means we'll offer the form to everyone, starting at the beginning of the summer. Your current form will be good until September, so those of you with a form already on file have the entire summer to get the new one filled out and notarized! You can download the latest form by clicking here.
In other news...
There will be a BBQ Dinner at the New Church Property on Sunday, May 3rd.
- This will take the place of our evening ministries that night.
- The BBQ will be provided & prepared by the Bennetts, but they need our help to make this dinner happen. If you're interested in helping with cooking, set up, take down, or all of the above, contact me or Scott Bennett soon. We still need some more folks to help!
We have a great group of graduating Seniors from HPC, and we want to make sure we recognize them and pray for them as they move along to the next stage of life. If you are a graduating Senior or a Parent of a Senior, please mark your calendars for Sunday, May 17th. During the worship service on May 17th, we will call up our Seniors and pray for them before the congregation. We would love for all our Seniors to be there!
Our next Youth Missions Fundraiser is...
- Parents' Night Out #2 on Friday, May 1st.
- We need all Jamaica Team members & parents of team members to help by working at this event!
- We also welcome anyone else willing to help. We need at least 4 more adults for this fundraiser!
- You can sign up to work it by clicking here! Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Other ways you can help support our Jamaica Team include:
- Giving directly to the trip by giving to our Church Fund
- Just drop a check in the offering plate and write "Jamaica Trip" on the memo line!
- Giving online through our Go Fund Me Page
- Even if you aren't able to give, we'd really appreciate it if you would share our Go Fund Me Page on Facebook and Twitter!
- Jamaica Team: Remember to check the Jamaica Team Page for your to do list and updates.
Our next team meeting is Sunday, May 31st
D-Groups are tomorrow (Wednesday) April 22nd from 6 to 7:30 PM.
- High School students, we will conclude our Evangelism Training course
The Final Underground of this school year is this Sunday, April 26th from 5 to 6:30 PM
That is all.
HPC Youth Guy
The HPC Youth Ministry Equips Students to Walk in the Light and Glow in the Dark
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8