HPC Youth Happenings: 1/20/15
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
It feels like spring outside, and spring makes me think of March, and on March 6th - 8th, we're having a Camp Vesper Point Retreat! On this retreat, students can enjoy a fun and relaxing weekend, get more connected to the Youth Group, and benefit from focused Bible teaching and worship times.
- We encourage everyone to invite guests to this retreat. The more the merrier!
- The cost for this retreat is $80 per person. However...
- If you sign up and pay by Sunday, February 15th, you'll receive the early bird discount of $70
- If you bring a guest, you'll receive an additional $5 off your cost
- Cost for guests will be $65, or $55 if they sign up and pay by February 15th
(Guests are middle or high school students who have never attended an HPC service or event, or have only come once or twice. HPC folks, you cannot share guests. Each guest will only count toward the cost for 1 HPC student. HPC Students may bring multiple guests.)
- Remember, all students, including guests, must have a notarized medical release form to go on this retreat
- You can read more about this retreat and sign up here!
- In addition, we're looking for a few more chaperones for this retreat. Let me know if you'd like to help!
Who ya got...Seahawks or Patriots? Either way, come watch the big game at The HPC Youth Super Bowl Party on Sunday, February 1st from 6 to 10 PM. There is no deadline to sign up, and please feel free to bring a guest. The location of the party is currently to be determined. We'll know the location for sure by next week.
Also, please take a look at the snack sign up for the Super Bowl Party by following this link.
HHD (Hangout, Homework and Dinner) is tomorrow (Wednesday) January 21st at 4:30 PM!
D-Groups are tomorrow (Wednesday) January 21st from 6 to 7:30 PM!
If you haven't tried D-Groups yet, or if you haven't been able to come very much, I encourage you to make it a priority in your life! You don't have many opportunities to gather with a small group of peers and wrestle with the teachings of God's Word or the tough issues in life. D-Groups provide that. They will help you grow in your relationship with Christ, and that's something we all really need!
Underground is this Sunday, January 25th from 5 to 6:30 PM
High School Sunday School continues its current study on Esther, Ezra and Nehemiah, taught by Jimmy and Leigh Anne Grant.
Middle School Sunday School continues it's current study on the Sermon on the Mount, taught by Bo and Morgan.
Please pray for our Jamaica Team: we have a tall task ahead of us! We still need to raise over $20,000 for our trip. There are several ways you (or anyone else) can help us:
- Participate in one of several fundraising opportunities:
- The Dinner Auction (we will sign up hosts in February, and do the Auction in March)
- Parents' Night Out (coming up in April or May)
- There may be a few other fundraisers on the horizon as well!
- Give directly to the trip by giving to our Church Fund
- Just drop a check in the offering plate and write "Jamaica Trip" on the memo line!
Jamaica Team: Remember to check the Jamaica Team Page for your to do list and updates.
- Your support letters must be sent out by January 31st!
- If you have your passport and I don't have a copy of it yet, please bring it to me (or bring a copy of the page with your picture on it)
- If you have not yet applied for your passport, please do this as soon as possible.
- I will ask about support letters at this meeting. Remember, the deadline to send them out is Jan. 31st!
Other Important Info
Please visit the Sign Up Genius site to sign up for:
- Underground Snacks (There are open slots in February, March and April)
- HHD (3rd Wednesday Dinner) (February and April are still open)
That is all.
HPC Youth Guy
The HPC Youth Ministry equips students to Walk in the Light and Glow in the Dark
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8