HPC Youth Happenings: 1/13/15
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
College Football Season is over now, and that means we can turn our attention to the NFL Playoffs and the Super Bowl. Why is that important to our Youth Ministry? Because every year one of our favorite events is the Super Bowl Party! This year, the HPC Youth Super Bowl Party is on Sunday, February 1st from 6 to 10 PM. There is no deadline to sign up, and please feel free to bring a guest.
Also, please take a look at the snack sign up for the Super Bowl Party by following this link.
The other important announcement is about the upcoming Camp Vesper Point Retreat, March 6th - 8th!
- This retreat is for all Middle and High School Students, and we encourage everyone to invite guests!
- The cost for this retreat is $80 per person. We will take $5 off your cost for every guest you bring with you.
- Guests are middle or high school students who have never attended an HPC service or event, or have only come once or twice. HPC folks, you cannot share guests. Each guest will only count toward the cost for 1 HPC student
- The cost for guests will be a reduced rate of $65!
- You can read more about this retreat and sign up here!
D-Groups resume tomorrow (Wednesday) January 14th from 6 to 7:30 PM!
If you haven't tried D-Groups yet, or if you haven't been able to come very much, I encourage you to make it a priority in your life! You don't have many opportunities to gather with a small group of peers and wrestle with the teachings of God's Word or the tough issues in life. D-Groups provide that. They will help you grow in your relationship with Christ, and that's something we all need more than anything else!
Underground is this Sunday from 5 to 6:30 PM
Sunday School is also back. Our High School Class is on Esther, Ezra and Nehemiah, taught by Jimmy and Leigh Anne Grant. I know last week I told you it would be on Hebrews. The reason for the change is a long story, and I'd be happy to tell you about it sometime if you want. I am sorry for any confusion over the study topic.
Middle School Sunday School continues it's current study on the Sermon on the Mount, taught by Bo and Morgan.
Please pray for our Jamaica Team: we have a tall task ahead of us! We still need to raise over $21,000 for our trip. There are several ways you (or anyone else) can help us:
- Participate in one of several fundraising opportunities:
- The Dinner Auction (we will sign up hosts in February, and do the Auction in March)
- Parents' Night Out (coming up in April or May)
- There may be a few other fundraisers on the horizon as well!
- Give directly to the trip by giving to our Church Fund
- Just drop a check in the offering plate and write "Jamaica Trip" on the memo line!
Jamaica Team: Remember to check the Jamaica Team Page for your to do list and updates.
- Your support letters must be sent out by January 31st!
- If you have your passport and I don't have a copy of it yet, please bring it to me (or bring a copy of the page with your picture on it)
- If you have not yet applied for your passport, please do this as soon as possible.
Other Important Info
Please visit the Sign Up Genius site to sign up for:
- Underground Snacks (There are open slots in February, March and April)
- HHD (3rd Wednesday Dinner) (February and April are still open)
That is all.
HPC Youth Guy
The HPC Youth Ministry equips students to Walk in the Light and Glow in the Dark
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8