HPC Youth Happenings:7/19/16
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
If you've driven by the new church site lately, you've noticed workers there everyday. Lately they've been installing plumbing, next will be a concrete foundation, and within a month or two we'll begin to see the frame of our building. It is so exciting to see the Lord's plans for our church building taking shape! And it reminds me that this coming year is going to be a year of both great excitement and significant change. By the time we finish the 2016-17 school year, we will (Lord willing) be either in the new site or getting ready to move to the new site. Much is still to be done to help us get there, but the most important thing any of us can do is pray!
Let's all pray for the building process to go well, for the money we need to keep coming in, etc. But let's also pray about the significant ministry opportunities the Lord may bring our way. How can we reach out to the neighborhoods around our new site? How can we best welcome and include new families and youth at HPC? And in the meantime how can we continue to love and equip our current youth to walk in the light and glow in the dark?
Speaking of which...
We have a few youth ministry volunteer spots still open for the 2016-17 school year:
- Middle School Girls D-Group Assistant
- Middle School Boys D-Group Assistant
- High School Boys D-Group Assistant
Being a D-Group Assistant is low commitment and high reward!
- All it requires of you is to be present for one hour a week on a Wednesday night, get to know some wonderful students, and fill in as a teacher a couple times per year.
- If you've got the time and are interested, send me a reply to this email or give me a call.
- If you aren't sure but would like to know more, I'd love to talk to you about these opportunities.
- D-Groups begin September 7th, so we need people in place before then!
On Sunday, August 14th, there will be a combined Children and Youth Ministry Lunch/Parents Meeting.
- Please sign up here if you plan on coming so we have a headcount.
- Children and youth are welcome to attend the lunch portion, and we will have childcare available during the meetings
Other things to look forward to:
- Our Communicants will meet with Elders on July 31st and join the Church on August 7th
- Underground will return to Sunday nights on August 21st from 5 - 6:30 PM!
- D-Groups will return to Wednesday nights on September 7th
In the meantime, summer is still here! Here are a few things you need to know about our Youth Ministry this week:
1. Underground is tomorrow (Wednesday) night, July 20th from 6:30 - 7:45
- Underground is for all Middle and High School Students
- Our Tough Topic this week: Does the Bible restrict the office of Elder and Senior Pastor to men?
- And for next week: What does Jesus mean when he says, "Turn the other cheek," and "Love your enemies?"
- The Star Wars Lock-in is Friday, July 29th!
- Please invite guests to attend with you, but remember they must have a notarized HPC Medical Release Form!
- Guests should also sign up online
- The cost is $15 per student. Guests will receive a $5 discount!
- Everyone is encouraged to wear a Star Wars themed costume. There will be a contest and prizes for best costumes!
- We must have at least 12 people to go so that we can get the group discount
- The cost would be $40 per person. Students must be 12 or older to attend, per Rafting policy
- Even though this is the same day as the HPC Pool Party, we could still leave right after church and return before the party
- If we do not get enough interest by Sunday, July 31st, we will cancel the event
4. Adults, we still need some more volunteers to sign up to help with the Star Wars Lock-in on July 29th!
- You can sign up to work a shift here!
- Yes, you can dress up as a Star Wars character if you want!
5. The Chicago and Charlotte Teams will report on their Mission Trips during Sunday School on Sunday, August 14th.
- God did great things among students from both teams!
- There will be videos, pictures, and student testimonies
- You won't want to miss it!
- This form is mandatory for all youth under age 18 who wish to do any special events with our church from June 1st, 2016 through summer 2017.
- This form must be filled out, signed, notarized and returned to me!
- In addition, all guests who wish to attend an HPC Youth Event must turn in a notarized form
HPC Youth Guy
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Micah 6:8