HPC Youth Happenings: 10/25/16
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
This Sunday, October 30th, is Reformation Sunday! (Reformation Day is actually Oct. 31st). It's been 499 years since Martin Luther nailed the 99 Theses to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany and changed the course of the Church forever!
So naturally, the HPC Youth are going to celebrate with a Costume Contest at Underground!
- All Youth are invited to dress up! Everyone who comes in a costume gets a prize!
- There will be 3 grand prizes for the 3 best costumes as judged by the judges of costumes.
- Please consider inviting a friend!
- Also make sure your costume is "family friendly." (Nothing too scary or of an inappropriate nature, please.)
And now for the other happenings of the week:
1. D-Groups are Tomorrow (Wednesday), October 26th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm!
2. High School Students and Parents: There's a Jamaica Info Meeting on Sunday, November 13th at 4:00 PM!
- All students, parents & chaperones are invited to attend this meeting. It is purely informational, no commitment to the team is necessary yet.
- If you are interested, but cannot make it to this meeting, please let me know so I can give you some information.
- Our Jamaica Mission Trip will be June 3rd - 10th, 2017
- If you think you'd like to go, but you don't have a passport, or you need to renew your passport, now's a great time to apply for one, as the process can take a while. You can learn how to do that by clicking here.
- Getting your passport now may save our team lots of money! We really need everyone to have their passports in hand by early February so that we can (hopefully) buy our plane tickets at a cheaper rate.
3. Our first Mission Trip Fundraiser, Parents' Night Out, will be Friday, November 18th!
- Parents of Youth, we really need you to serve at this Fundraiser to help make it happen
- All youth intending to go on a 2017 Mission Trip are required to help with this Fundraiser
- Everyone can sign up by clicking here
4. Come help out the Preschool at Legoland THIS THURSDAY!
- If you're looking for a great way to serve, you should come pass out candy at the Preschool Fall Party!
- It's This Thursday, October 27th. The party starts at 6:00!
5. Uberfreezin', our annual Youth Ski Retreat, is January 13th - 16th, 2017
- The Early Bird Deadline has passed, but you can still reserve your spot by paying a $50 deposit by November 13th!
- The cost is now $240 for skiers, $260 for boarders, and $150 for those who do neither.
- Uberfreezin' is for ALL YOUTH, both Middle and High School
- Sign up for Uberfreezin' 8 today by clicking here. You can also pay your $50 deposit online!
- There are scholarships available for those who need help paying. Please give me a call or email if interested!
6. Youth Connections Squad, here's your schedule for this Sunday:
- Sunday, October 30th: Devin Brown, Sydney Beard
- Remember to let me know ahead of time if you can't serve on your day so we can find a replacement!
7. Parents, consider picking up a copy of Faith that Lasts: Raising Kids that Don't Leave the Church by Jon Nielson.
- If you'd like a copy, you can purchase one at the church for the low cost of $5 per copy.
- Copies are available on the book shelf in between the adult Sunday school rooms. First come first serve.
- We are covered for the rest of the Fall, but there are still plenty of slots available for January through April
- If you have forgotten your CCB login or password, you can click the link that says "Forgot username or password," or you can email Josh Huff and he will resend you your login information.
- If you still can't get into CCB, but would like to sign up for snacks, just email me and I will figure out a way to get you on the list
- In case you hadn't heard the good news, these forms no longer need to be notarized! If you already turned one in, you don't need to do another one.
- This form is mandatory for all youth under age 18 who wish to do any special events with our church from June 1st, 2016 through summer 2017.
- This form must be filled out, signed, and returned to me!
- In addition, all guests who wish to attend an HPC Youth Event must turn in a form
HPC Youth Guy
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Micah 6:8