HPC Youth Happenings: 9/13/16
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
I'd like to recommend to you a new book that I believe could be an excellent parenting resource. It is called Faith that Lasts: Raising Kids that Don't Leave the Church by Jon Nielson. While I have not yet read the book, I have read other works by Nielson and highly recommend him as an author.
If you'd like a copy, you can purchase one at the church for the low cost of $5 per copy. Copies are available on the book shelf in between the adult Sunday school rooms. First come first serve.
Here's a whole bunch of stuff y'all need to know...
1. D-Groups are TOMORROW (Wednesday), September 14th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm!
- D-Groups are designed to be small groups where students can connect with, build up and encourage other students, and where leaders can disciple students through Bible Study
- High School Girls D-Group, led by Leah Dean and Jen Ball, will meet in the high school room
- High School Boys D-Group, led by Morgan Lusk, will meet in Morgan's office
- Bethel Girls D-Group, led by Jennie Landreth and Kathy Higley, will meet in the library upstairs
- Middle School Girls D-Group, led by Jennifer Lusk and Jolee Parry, will meet in Room 201 upstairs
- Middle School Boys D-Group, led by James Stultz and Robert Parry, will meet in the middle school room
2. Underground is this Sunday, September 18th from 5:00 to 6:30 pm!
- Students, this is a GREAT way to introduce your friends to HPC, we strongly encourage you to invite someone new to come to Underground!
- Parents, please check out the snack sign up list below. There are plenty of open slots later in October/November
- Our Underground snack sign up is now on CCB, linked here.
- Please check out the list = there are plenty of other weeks available.
- If you have forgotten your CCB login or password, you can click the link that says "Forgot username or password," or you can email Josh Huff and he will resend you your login information.
- If you still can't get into CCB, but would like to sign up for snacks, just email me and I will figure out a way to get you on the list
3. High School Students: We're going camping at Fall Creek Falls, September 23rd - 25th!
4. Students, prepare to be A-mazed!
- We're going to the Mayfield Farms Corn Maze on Saturday evening, October 15th!
- Cost is $10 per person, which includes a trip through a Maze of Maize, as well as a Hay Ride and other fun activities
- This is for all Middle and High School Students
- Don't be corny. Sign up today by clicking on this link!
5. Middle School Students, sign up for the Middle School Retreat at Camp Vesper Point, November 4th - 6th!
- Sign up for the Middle School Retreat here. The deadline is October 23rd
- Cost is only $60 per person, you can reserve your spot now by paying a $25 deposit. You can pay online for this retreat!
- Space is limited, spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
6. All Middle and High School Students can now sign up for Uberfreezin' Ocho!
- Sign up for Uberfreezin' Ocho here. The early-bird deadline is October 9th, final deadline is November 13th
- Uberfreezin' Ocho will be January 13th - 16th, 2017 at Ski Beech, NC
- Here's the cost breakdown:
- $215 for skiers, $235 for snowboarders, $125 for non skiers/boarders
- After the early bird deadline: $240 for skiers, $260 for snowboarders, $150 for non skiers/boarders
- To secure your spot and the early bird rate, just pay a $50 deposit by October 9th!
- You can also pay for this retreat online!
- There are scholarships available for those who need help paying. Please give me a call or email if interested!
7. High School Students: Save the Date for Jamaica 2017!
- Our Jamaica Mission Trip will be June 3rd - 10th, 2017
- All high school students, parents and chaperones are invited to attend an informational meeting on Sunday, November 13th
- If you think you'd like to go, but you don't have a passport, or you need to renew your passport, now's a great time to apply for one, as the process can take a while. You can learn how to do that by clicking here.
- Getting your passport now may save our team lots of money! We really need everyone to have their passports in hand by early February so that we can (hopefully) buy our plane tickets at a cheaper rate.
8. Youth Connections Squad, here's your schedule for the next 3 Sundays:
- Sunday, September 18th: Nathan Hutchings, Sydney Beard
- Sunday, September 25th: Harris Armstrong, Devin Brown
- Sunday, October 2nd: Kirby Johnson, Hunter Landreth
- Remember to let me know ahead of time if you can't serve on your day so we can find a replacement!
- In case you hadn't heard the good news, these forms no longer need to be notarized! If you already turned one in, you don't need to do another one.
- This form is mandatory for all youth under age 18 who wish to do any special events with our church from June 1st, 2016 through summer 2017.
- This form must be filled out, signed, and returned to me!
- In addition, all guests who wish to attend an HPC Youth Event must turn in a form
HPC Youth Guy
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Micah 6:8