HPC Youth Happenings: 8/2/16
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
A great success the Star Wars Lock-in was! To all students who came, thank you I say! And of course we could not have done it without the following wonderful volunteers: Bo Wheeler, Will Card, Jen Ball, Derek Ball, Ben Dean, Ben Jones, Josh Huff, James Stultz, Leah Dean, Sina Beard, Kathy Higley.
As we move into August and the beginning of a new ministry year, there is a lot to tell you. Here are 10 things you need to know:
1. We will NOT go White Water Rafting this Sunday, due to not enough interest in the event. Please join us for the HPC Pool Party if you've signed up.
2. Students interested in being on the Youth Connections Team, come to our meeting this Sunday, August 7th during Sunday School!
- The Youth Connections Team is responsible for welcoming guests before and after our Worship Services, and also during Underground!
- This is open to students of all ages. Students must have a testimony of faith in Christ and must be willing to commit to a regular rotation of serving on Sundays
3. The Chicago and Charlotte Teams will report on their Mission Trips during Sunday School on Sunday, August 14th.
- God did great things among students from both teams!
- There will be videos, pictures, and student testimonies
- You won't want to miss it!
4. Communicants will join the Church on Sunday, August 14th during the Worship Service
5. You're invited to attend Family Fest on Sunday, August 14th!
- Family Fest is a lunch followed by Youth Ministry and Children's Ministry Parents Meetings
- Please sign up here if you plan on coming so we have a headcount.
- Children and youth are welcome to attend the lunch portion, and we will have childcare available during the meetings
6. Underground begins anew on Sunday, August 21st from 5:00 to 6:30 pm!
7. We have a couple of volunteer needs for the upcoming ministry year:
- Middle School Boys D-Group Assistant
- High School Boys D-Group Assistant
Being a D-Group Assistant is low commitment and high reward!
- All it requires of you is to be present for one hour a week on a Wednesday night, get to know some wonderful students, and fill in as a teacher a couple times per year.
- If you've got the time and are interested, send me a reply to this email or give me a call.
- If you aren't sure but would like to know more, I'd love to talk to you about these opportunities.
- D-Groups return on Wednesday, September 7th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm!
8. Middle School Students: Join us for a day on the lake at J.D. and Paula Bonners' house, Saturday, August 27th!
- The event is from 1 pm to 4 pm, and it is free!
- Sign up here!
9. High School Students: We're going camping at Fall Creek Falls, September 23rd - 25th!
- Cost for this retreat is only $10 per person
- Sign up here!
- In case you hadn't heard the good news, these forms no longer need to be notarized! If you already turned one in, you don't need to do another one.
- This form is mandatory for all youth under age 18 who wish to do any special events with our church from June 1st, 2016 through summer 2017.
- This form must be filled out, signed, and returned to me!
- In addition, all guests who wish to attend an HPC Youth Event must turn in a form
HPC Youth Guy
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Micah 6:8