HPC Youth Happenings: 8/16/16
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
Thanks to all who helped with Family Fest! It was a great event and it was encouraging to see so many people come and participate.
Here's a whole bunch of stuff y'all need to know...
1. Underground is BACK THIS Sunday, August 21st from 5:00 to 6:30 pm!
- Worshiping God, studying His Word, crazy games, snacks, connecting with friends...I can't wait! And I hope to see everyone there!
- Parents: Our Underground snack sign up is now on CCB, linked here.
- Please check out the list and sign up for a slot!
- If you have forgotten your CCB login or password, you can click the link that says "Forgot username or password," or you can email Josh Huff and he will resend you your login information.
2. Middle School Students: Join us for a day on the lake at J.D. and Paula Bonners' house, Saturday, August 27th!
- The event is from 1 pm to 4 pm, and it is free!
- Sign up here!
3. Sunday School will be back to 2 classes starting this Sunday, August 21st!
- Middle School will study, "God's Good Design" on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood from Children Desiring God
- High School with study, "Habits of Grace: Enjoying Jesus through the Spiritual Disciplines."
4. High School Students: We're going camping at Fall Creek Falls, September 23rd - 25th!
- Cost for this retreat is only $10 per person
- Sign up here!
5. High School Students: You should save the Date for Jamaica 2017!
- Our Jamaica Mission Trip will be June 3rd - 10th, 2017
- All high school students, parents and chaperones are invited to attend an informational meeting on Sunday, November 13th
- If you think you'd like to go, but you don't have a passport, or you need to renew your passport, now's a great time to apply for one, as the process can take a while. You can learn how to do that by clicking here.
- Getting your passport now may save our team lots of money! We really need everyone to have their passports in hand by early February so that we can (hopefully) buy our plane tickets at a cheaper rate.
6. Youth Connections Squad, here's your schedule for the rest of August...
- Sunday, August 21st: Apsara Beard, Devin Brown
- Sunday, August 28th: Emily Johnson, Hunter Landreth
- Remember to let me know ahead of time if you can't serve on your day so we can find a replacement!
7. Volunteers, there are a couple of training times coming up...
- Underground Leaders...meet at 4 PM THIS SUNDAY, August 21st in my office for prayer and training
- D-Group Leaders...meet at 6:30 PM NEXT WEDNESDAY, August 24th for dinner, prayer and training
8. We have a couple of volunteer needs for the upcoming ministry year:
- Middle School Boys D-Group Assistant
- High School Boys D-Group Assistant
Being a D-Group Assistant is low commitment and high reward!
- All it requires of you is to be present for one hour a week on a Wednesday night, get to know some wonderful students, and fill in as a teacher a couple times per year.
- If you've got the time and are interested, send me a reply to this email or give me a call.
- If you aren't sure but would like to know more, I'd love to talk to you about these opportunities.
- D-Groups return on Wednesday, September 7th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm!
9. You can also sign up and pay for the following retreats and special events...
- Mayfield Farms Corn Maze (October 15th)
- Middle School Retreat at Camp Vesper Point (November 4th - 6th, deadline is October 23rd)
- Uberfreezin' Ocho (January 13th - 16th, 2017, early-bird deadline is October 9th)
- In case you hadn't heard the good news, these forms no longer need to be notarized! If you already turned one in, you don't need to do another one.
- This form is mandatory for all youth under age 18 who wish to do any special events with our church from June 1st, 2016 through summer 2017.
- This form must be filled out, signed, and returned to me!
- In addition, all guests who wish to attend an HPC Youth Event must turn in a form
HPC Youth Guy
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Micah 6:8