HPC Youth Happenings: 4/25/17
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
After two very exciting rounds of voting, our youth have spoken, and we have new names for our Youth rooms and Sunday night program.
- The new Middle School Room will be "The Garage"
- The new High School Room will be "The Cornerstone"
"Cornerstone" received 15 votes. 2nd place was "The Hive" with 12 votes, 3rd place was "The Place" with 9 votes
We also have a new name for our Sunday night program...or do we?
- Our Sunday Night program will remain "Underground!"
Underground received 18 votes. 2nd place was "Impact" with 16 votes, 3rd place was "Grounded" with 8 votes
Speaking of Underground, this Sunday, April 30th is our FINAL UNDERGROUND at the Gadd Road location.
We are inviting students and volunteers to share any memories they may have of their time as a youth or working with youth in this building. We will also honor our graduating Seniors.
Here's what else is happening this week:
1. D-Groups are tomorrow (Wednesday), April 26th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm
2. Underground is this Sunday, April 30th from 5:00 to 6:30 pm
3. The Dinner Auction continues THIS SUNDAY!
- The auction will take place in the breezeway 30th and May 7th. You can bid on dinner items after the worship service and before and after Sunday evening ministries.
- All bidding will conclude after the worship service on May 7th.
- For more info on how the Dinner Auction works, click here.
4. Middle School Students: The Backpacking Trip was rained out and will now be May 13th - 14th!
- If you have not signed up but would like to go, there is still time,
- Just click here and sign up by Thursday, May 11th!
5. Impact Teams
- We announced this exciting new student leadership program at Underground on Sunday
- To read more, you can click here.
- To sign up to meet with the Youth Pastor to discuss your involvement, click here.
6. Jamaica Team: our final team meeting is Sunday, May 7th for lunch after Church
7. Parents and Volunteers: If any of you are interested in helping out with Youth stuff this Summer, here are some needs:
- Team Teaching = Summer Underground (Wednesday Nights) = either Middle or High School, would only have to teach 2 or 3 times
- Chaperones for Summer Events...see the Calendar below!
- Help HPC Move! = May 26th - May 29th
- Summer Kick Off Launch Event = June 16th (Outdoor Games and Movie)
- Help with the HPC Kids Summer Party = June 23rd
- Stonewall Shenanigans Launch Event = June 30th (Scavenger Hunt and Ice Cream Sundaes)
- Lake Winnie Water Park = July 14th
- Help with VBS = July 24th - 28th
- TVP Showdown (High School Overnight Retreat at Covenant College) = July 28th - 29th
- HPC Grand Opening Weekend = August 5th - 6th
- Back to School Lock-In = August 11th
- Parents and Volunteers, I'd love for you to help with any or all of these events. I will contact some of you individually, but if you see one you're interested in helping with, feel free to let me know!
9. Middle School Mission Trip: July 17th - 21st... Sign up now!
- All current 6th - 8th grade students are encouraged to go on the Middle School Mission Trip to Opelika, Alabama
- We will once again serve with Radius Camps!
- Cost is $250 per person. A $50 deposit is due to reserve your spot. We hope to raise the rest of the $ through fundraisers!
- You can sign up and pay your deposit online here.
10. Youth Connections Squad, here is the schedule for the next 3 weeks:
- April 30th: Sydney Beard, Andrew Johnson
- May 7th: Kirby Johnson, Apsara Beard
- May 14th: Emily Johnson, Sam Landreth
HPC Youth Guy
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Micah 6:8