HPC Youth Happenings: 11/29/16
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
1. D-Groups are tomorrow (Wednesday), November 30th from 6:30 - 7:30 PM!
2. Our 1st Jamaica team meeting is a Lunch THIS SUNDAY, December 4th after church
- Our Jamaica Mission Trip will be June 3rd - 10th, 2017
- To join the team, please pay a $50 deposit and come to the first meeting!
- Everyone needs a passport to go on this trip, and the sooner you apply the better. Click here for info on how to apply!
- Getting your passport now may save our team lots of money!
3. There is NO Underground this week. Be sure to come to the Children's Christmas Pageant this Sunday at 6 PM!
- Make plans to attend the Choir Christmas Concert on December 11th
- Underground will return on Sunday, January 8th!
4. Our Youth Christmas Party will take place Friday, December 9th at the Lusks' house from 7 - 10 PM!
- Wear an ugly Christmas sweater for a chance to win the ugly sweater contest!
- Bring a gift of no more than $10 value for our gift exchange. It can be a gag gift or a normal gift.
- We encourage you to bring a guest!
- This is for all Middle and High School Youth
- The Lusks live at 8661 Corker Lane, Hixson, TN, 37343. Click here for directions from the Church.
5. Uberfreezin', our annual Youth Ski Retreat, is January 13th - 16th, 2017
- The FINAL DEADLINE has passed.
- If you are going on the trip, you'll receive an email soon with a packing list and balance due information.
6. Looking for a place to serve? We will begin a rotation of Youth serving in Children's Church in January!
- This is a great way to serve the leaders and the kids who attend! There are two options for training this year. You will need to attend either on, or let Alisa know if you need to have another time set up for you.
- Oh yeah, pizza is involved in these training meetings :)
- Let Alisa Gillis know if you are interested and which meeting you plan to attend.
- Wednesday, Dec 7th, 5:30 pm OR Wednesday, Jan 11th 5:30 pm
7. Youth Connections Squad, here's your schedule for the next 3 Sundays:
- Sunday, December 4th: Apsara Beard, Sammy Landreth
- Sunday, December 11th: Anna Hutchings, Sydney Beard
- Sunday, December 18th: Hunter Landreth, Apsara Beard
- Remember to let me know ahead of time if you can't serve on your day so we can find a replacement!
8. Parents, consider picking up a copy of Faith that Lasts: Raising Kids that Don't Leave the Church by Jon Nielson.
- If you'd like a copy, you can purchase one at the church for the low cost of $5 per copy.
- Copies are available on the book shelf in between the adult Sunday school rooms. First come first serve.
- We are covered for the rest of the Fall, but there are still plenty of slots available for January through April
- If you have forgotten your CCB login or password, you can click the link that says "Forgot username or password," or you can email Josh Huff and he will resend you your login information.
- If you still can't get into CCB, but would like to sign up for snacks, just email me and I will figure out a way to get you on the list
- In case you hadn't heard the good news, these forms no longer need to be notarized! If you already turned one in, you don't need to do another one.
- This form is mandatory for all youth under age 18 who wish to do any special events with our church from June 1st, 2016 through summer 2017.
- This form must be filled out, signed, and returned to me!
- In addition, all guests who wish to attend an HPC Youth Event must turn in a form
HPC Youth Guy
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Micah 6:8