HPC Youth Happenings: 10/4/16
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
It finally feels a little like Fall, but this week I hope you're all Freezin'...as in UBER-freezin'. The EARLY BIRD deadline to pay your deposits and lock in the lower rate for our annual Youth Ski Retreat is THIS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9th!
- Right now, the cost is $215 for skiers, $235 for snowboarders, and $125 if you want to come and just hang out
- After this Sunday, the cost goes up to $240 for skiers, $260 for boarders, and $150 for those who do neither.
- The final deadline to sign up and pay is Sunday, November 13th.
- Uberfreezin' is for ALL YOUTH, both Middle and High School
We'll have a table in the breezeway after the worship service on Sunday if you'd like to pay the old fashioned way, or if you have any questions about our retreat.
Here are a few more details:
- Dates: January 13th - 16th, 2017 at Ski Beech, NC (Leave after school on Friday, return around dinner time on Monday, MLK Day)
- There are scholarships available for those who need help paying. Please give me a call or email if interested!
Here's a whole bunch of stuff y'all need to know...
1. D-Groups are TOMORROW (Wednesday), October 5th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm!
2. Underground is this Sunday, October 9th from 5:00 to 6:30 pm!
- Students, this is a GREAT way to introduce your friends to HPC
- We strongly encourage you to invite someone new to come to Underground!
- October 23rd, November 6th, November 13th, & November 20th are all available
- If you have forgotten your CCB login or password, you can click the link that says "Forgot username or password," or you can email Josh Huff and he will resend you your login information.
- If you still can't get into CCB, but would like to sign up for snacks, just email me and I will figure out a way to get you on the list
4. Students, prepare to be A-mazed!
- We're going to the Mayfield Farms Corn Maze on Saturday evening, October 15th!
- Cost is $10 per person, which includes a trip through a Maze of Maize, as well as a Hay Ride and other fun activities
- This is for all Middle and High School Students
- Don't be corny. Sign up today by clicking on this link!
5. Middle School Students, sign up for the Middle School Retreat at Camp Vesper Point, November 4th - 6th!
- Sign up for the Middle School Retreat here. The deadline is October 23rd
- Cost is only $60 per person, you can reserve your spot now by paying a $25 deposit. You can pay online for this retreat!
- Space is limited, spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
6. High School Students: Save the Date for Jamaica 2017!
- Our Jamaica Mission Trip will be June 3rd - 10th, 2017
- All high school students, parents and chaperones are invited to attend an informational meeting on Sunday, November 13th
- If you think you'd like to go, but you don't have a passport, or you need to renew your passport, now's a great time to apply for one, as the process can take a while. You can learn how to do that by clicking here.
- Getting your passport now may save our team lots of money! We really need everyone to have their passports in hand by early February so that we can (hopefully) buy our plane tickets at a cheaper rate.
7. Youth Connections Squad, here's your schedule for the next 3 Sundays:
- Sunday, October 9th: Sydney Beard, Emily Johnson
- Sunday, October 16th: Apsara Beard, Anna Hutchings
- Sunday, October 23rd: Sam Landreth, Nathan Hutchings
- Remember to let me know ahead of time if you can't serve on your day so we can find a replacement!
8. Parents, consider picking up a copy of Faith that Lasts: Raising Kids that Don't Leave the Church by Jon Nielson.
- If you'd like a copy, you can purchase one at the church for the low cost of $5 per copy.
- Copies are available on the book shelf in between the adult Sunday school rooms. First come first serve.
- In case you hadn't heard the good news, these forms no longer need to be notarized! If you already turned one in, you don't need to do another one.
- This form is mandatory for all youth under age 18 who wish to do any special events with our church from June 1st, 2016 through summer 2017.
- This form must be filled out, signed, and returned to me!
- In addition, all guests who wish to attend an HPC Youth Event must turn in a form
HPC Youth Guy
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Micah 6:8